Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Painting Outside the Canvas

Last month I was invited to paint a fiberglass fire hydrant for a
 Microsoft fund raiser that would benefit Summit Assistance Dogs. 
Being the adverturesome sort and a HUGE dog lover I immediately signed up.
They requested the hydrant be painted in bright colors with a dog theme.
Since I have painted dogs for what seems like forever 
and I love bold colors it was a no-brainer!


While still working on it I brought it with me on our family vacation to 
Whidbey Island in August and had a bit of fun photographing it in different locations. 

 


Buddy lives on a nearby farm and didn't mind sharing his porch for a while.



The tide is rising on Mutiny Bay but the 
hydrant holds sentry on a waning sand bar.




Yes....'tis a thing of curiosity in a cow pasture!










 Homer and I hanging on the beach...I kept waiting to see if he
would lift his leg on it, but he wasn't interested.


 This little vignette next to a country garden in an 
island community couldn't be passed up.


Finishing up a hot day with a cool dip in the pool!

Closeups of the art on the hydrant:







I have named the hydrant "Dawg Daze of Summer" and it will be displayed 
around the Microsoft campus the entire month of October. 
Microsoft employees will be able to log online to place bids.

WHAT A KICK THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN FOR ME ~
I HOPE IT BRINGS IN PLENTY OF CASH FOR SUMMIT DOGS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment