Thursday, December 2, 2010

SEIZING OPPORTUNITY



I think I may be a serial opportunist. Ya know....I think you have to be that way in a creative industry! Today I visited my husband Dave at the hospital where he is recuperating from knee replacement surgery and I brought my camera and props along. As callous as it sounds I realized earlier today that I have a golden opportunity for a photo op with Dave being hospitalized. You see I have been painting these portraits of heads that I call FACEs and posing people with the portrait replacing their real heads. My mind has been astir with so many possibilities that represent life in general. Being confined to a hospital bed fits right into this category! He has been in there for 3 days now and will be coming home tomorrow so I realized that if I didn't get a picture taken today I may be out of luck. Thank God I married a good sport! Despite his obvious pain he allowed me to pose him in several shots holding up a portrait in place of his face. Even though the FACE in the painting is not his (it belongs to his closest boyhood chum) I'll bet he had about the same expression on his face behind the board! Here are 3 pictures I took today, one of which will be named "The Impatient Patient". Which one do you like best? Tomorrow I bring him home and who knows what indignities I will come up with by then!

2 comments:

  1. I think you have a wonderful husband too! You are not only an opportunist you are very fun and creative. I love all of these pictures you have been taking almost as much as your paitnings. I like the one with the walker the best! Even though he may be in pain he has his priorities - his hand is on his computer! Can't keep a good man down for long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one in the series above :-) It's got the best color I think. Figures you would take a camera with you to visit Dave... you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete