Tuesday, November 9, 2010

FIRST EVER BLOG

For some time now I have been told....YOU SHOULD BLOG! I have resisted because we all have plenty of things that take our time up...why add more? Well I have finally succumbed to the craze and I will tell you why: I finally feel like I have a reason to blog. What began as a simple goal to paint more from life has turned into a full-on project which I have dubbed my "FACEs Project". I have people sit for 90 minutes to 2 hours tops for quick, energetic portraits and then have them hold the painting in place of their face for a quirky photo. These are all done on 12x12 inch surfaces. This entire exercise has taken on a life of its own and I am having a BLAST! Not only do I get life experience with my art but I also get to visit with people in what is otherwise a very lonely job. And my models tell me what fun it is to have their portrait done. The wins just keep on coming! I have even begun to form a BIG, HUGE AMBITIOUS GOAL in relation to this project that I will spend the next year training, planning and preparing for. More later on that....

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finally doing a blog Cheryl. I will add you to the list on my blog so I can keep tuning in to see all of your many beautiful accomplishments.
    Happy painting (and blogging) ~ gail

    www.gaildavisart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your project and I'm lucky enough to be among your faces. What a hoot. I'm also lucky enough to have my beloved cat's portrait done by you It's so very special to be able to look at her every day. Keep on keeping on. Erdine

    ReplyDelete