Friday, November 12, 2010

R.I.P. Baby!

I had a phone call this week from a friend....not a call you want to get, but one that inevitably comes. She had to put her French Mastiff down last Saturday and she was very torn up over it. Baby was her pride and joy....a big huge galoot with a heart as large as his robust body! He battled a few health issues from puppyhood but despite it all he was jubilant, always game for a walk or romp....a prime example of what mind or matter truly means! Having plied my trade as a pet portraitist for the past dozen years I have felt these losses all too often....once hearing of a dog's passing while I was in the process of painting the portrait. That one was tough! They are my occupational hazards in this otherwise pleasurable gig. Baby....I was lucky to know you and even more honored to paint your portrait...not just once...but twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment