Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Youthful pair of FACEs

Painting children as part of my project poses plenty 
of challenges...chiefly that they do not sit still for the portrait
forcing me to use a photograph.
Conversely this gives me a chance to paint unusual
facial expressions not easily held in person for long.
I took advantage of this with my niece Dain.

As a child I was an rabid Tomboy with one exception....
I LOVED BARBIE DOLLS!! still do :)
Dain is a girl after my heart with her plethora of Barbies.
Most of them have been given to her as hand me downs or gifts
and believe me...she plays with each and every one!
So it was with nostalgic delight that we set up her 
photo by transferring a trunk load of Barbies onto her back patio.

My Grandson also came along that day for his photo.
I had envisioned him holding some cotton candy in one hand
but was disappointed to find that it no longer comes on a cone...only in a bag.
(What?!?! Some things should not be messed with!!)
He was chomping at the bit to play with that Barbie car
so when I called it a wrap he wasted no time
and soon Barbie and Ken were cruisin' in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment