Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bittersweet Beginnings

You would think that coming home after a 19 day stay in hospital and rehab would be a joyful time. Yesterday was ROUGH! Dave came home at 10:30 in the morning and I spent the day terrified with my eyes welling up uncontrollably. I knew this journey would be an emotional roller coaster but when the downward plunge hits it is not the adrenaline rush I loved from my childhood carnival memories. Before I knew that his well being was taken care of....now the onus is on me. No matter how much I reprimanded myself or tried the stiff upper lip it all just dissolved. I know that this feeling will pass and my natural resolve will kick in. I also know this will take a ton of patience and perseverance. I suppose the "patience" part is the lesson I will be learning the most...never been my strong suit! Again I am thankful for my incredible family and the plentiful dear friends in our lives. Being responsible for a loved one 24/7 is nerve wracking but we will find our way through this one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment