Wednesday, October 12, 2011

GOOD DAY!

Today was an all around swell day!
  • Dave was cleared for independence within his room so he no longer has a bed or chair alarm screaming whenever he decides to get up without help (which he has stubbornly done from the get go)
  • He is using his right hand with more and more confidence and can write his name legibly, maybe even better than his old chicken scrawl I teasingly called "Chinese".
  • He can go to the bathroom in privacy
  • His speech is becoming clearer with the use of his "language notebook", although I am fascinated by the gibberish that spews forth from his lips I fondly call "Davish". 
  • Good buddy Steve brought Dick's burgers for lunch and Dave was in heaven!
  • But best of all:  DAVE IS COMING HOME ON FRIDAY!! (if you had asked me how I felt about this 2 days ago I would have burst into tears, but I feel confident now)
  • 2 of Dave's electrician buddies came over and put up handrails and did whatever tasks I needed done in preparation for the big day.
  • I won a million bucks with a lottery ticket....just kidding....but I did find a dime on the ground!
The gate keepers know my car on sight with my frequent comings and goings. I am sure they will miss me and I expect Christmas cards this year from each and every one of them!



1 comment:

  1. Cheryl & Dave: You both continue to be in our prayers. We are so happy to hear that you get to go home Dave!!! How wonderful that must be for you. And Cheryl.....take it as it comes. Try not to over anticipate. Enjoy the time together...alone!! So very glad things seems to be progressing. They (the hospital) wouldn't let him come home if he wasn't ready.
    LOVE and PRAYERS to you both!!!

    Bob & Sue Banks

    ReplyDelete