Monday, October 17, 2011

Sunshine can make a difference

Despite being a born 'n' raised Pacific NW'ster it is hard to get used to the "blahs" that cloudy days bring. You would think after 53 years I would be accustomed to it?!?!? Nah! But when things in life get challenging the dank days are extra tough. This morning the beams of sunshine streaming in my windows were a portent for a good day!
  • First thing Dave began the day writing his name and address down with his weakened right hand. This is an exercise he is supposed to perform daily and today he even impressed himself with his handwriting!
    (I tease him as if he were a Bart Simpson-like character that he is required to write his name and address100 times on the chalkboard before I will feed him)
  • He went to his first outpatient therapy session this morning (which was OT) and performed admirably....shattering his previous records for the tasks he was asked to complete. His progress physically has been wonderful!
  • We both went to acupuncture after that and enjoyed a relaxing hour nap in a recliner with needles stuck in us.
  • After wards we swung by the local Arby's and ordered food to go and drove down to Edmonds to park overlooking the beach and ferry terminal. YUM! YUM! We love Arby's roast beef sandwiches and curly fries. They were extra good with the beautiful scenery and warm rays beating down on us!!!
  • We had a brand-spanking-new mattress delivered today....the hope is that it will help Dave sleep better at night. This has been a huge challenge since his stroke! I am secretly hoping his restless legs will slow down. Dave NEVER dances while awake....but let me tell you he can do a mean jitterbug while prone! It's like sleeping in an old time "magic fingers" bed only I needn't waste any quarters.
  • I put Dave to work helping me make my famous applesauce...well noteworthy within my family and close friends. It was good OT for him to place the apples on the corer/peeler tool I have and crank away. I just now finished spicing it up with sugar, nutmeg and extra cinnamon.....MMMMMMMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment